Version 4.1.0 (2021-10-12)
- Improved: Reduce gaps in the detected stays
- Fixed: Fix an issue that could prevent data from being transmitted after the app is migrated to a new iPhone
- Fixed: Fix rare crashes during the data transmission
Version 4.0.0 (2021-08-09)
- Changed: The
useWifiOnlyDataTransfermethod has been replaced by property
- Changed: The token parameter has been dropped from the
- Changed: The
sharedInstance(...)method has been changed to a property.
- Changed: Delegate
didTransmitData(_ transmissionTimestamp: Date, lastEventTimestamp: Date)is replaced with
dataUploadWithTracked(from startDate: Date, to endDate: Date, didCompleteWithError error: Error?), showing the timestamp of the earliest and latest events in the batch, as well as any possible transmission errors.
- Added: Property
userTokenthat allows updating the user JWT during runtime (e.g.: when the token expires). The provided token will be persisted in the SDK and must be provided before calling the
start()method. This property can also be used to retrieve the set token.
- Removed: The settings dictionary has been dropped altogether.
- Removed: The battery saving mode option has been removed. Battery saving mode is always enabled now.
- Removed: The
isTrackingActiveAsIntproperty has been dropped.
- Fixed: Fix background task leak.
This commit in the sample app repository demonstrates how to update from version 3.x.x to 4.0.0.
Version 3.2.0 (2021-06-14)
- Improved: Reduce battery consumption and data transmission volume.
- Improved: Automatically resume tracking when location permission or location services are restored.
- Improved: Immediately trigger the creation of user in our backend after starting the SDK.
Version 3.1.1 (2021-06-04)
- Fixed: Fix an issue with the Motion & Fitness permission dialog popping up.
- Fixed: Fix a crash that occurred on stop, followed by start with a different DataTransmissionMode in rapid succession.
Version 3.1.0 (2021-05-03)
- Changed: The MotionTagSDK cocoapods releases are now being hosted on a public GitHub repository.
Please update your
pod 'MotionTagSDK', :git => 'https://github.com/MOTIONTAG/motiontag-sdk-ios-releases.git'.
- Added: Method to delete all tracked data from the local database.
- Deprecated: The
kMTBatterySavingsModeSDK setting has been deprecated and will be removed in the future.
- Fixed: Fix a bug that could prevent the SDK from transmitting data when using the iOS Simulator.
- Fixed: Fix a bug that could cause duplication of
Version 3.0.1 (2021-04-23)
- Fixed: Fix a
NSURLBackgroundSessioncrash when updating the SDK.
Version 3.0.0 (2021-04-09)
- Changed: The SDK is now initialized synchronously.
- Changed: The SDK can be initialized later after the client onboarding.
- Changed: The AppDelegate's
handleEventsForBackgroundURLSessioncall must be forwarded to the SDK. Please check the "Setup" section of the documentation for more details.
- Changed: The JWT does not have to be provided during the SDK's initialization anymore, only when starting tracking.
- Improved: Transmit all data collected after stopping tracking.
- Fixed: Fix a bug that could prevent the SDK from correctly waking up.
Version 2.3.0 (2021-02-01)
- SDK will start again after restoring location authorization
Version 2.2.0 (2020-11-09)
- Remove location and Motion&Fitness authorization requests
- Add delegate for tracking status change
- Update the location authorization status change delegate with the iOS 14 'Precise Location'
- Add delegate for Motion&Fitness authorization status
Version 1.9.5 (2020-10-09)
- Performance and energy consumption improvements
Version 1.8.4 (2020-09-26)
- Continue to function (with increased battery consumption), when Motion & Fitness permission denied
Version 1.8.0 (2020-09-22)
- Remove arm64 from simulator build (Needs cocoapods version >= 1.10.0.rc.1)
- Further reduce data transmission rate
Version 1.7.14 (2020-09-21)
- Fix archiving process on Xcode 12
Version 1.7.6 (2020-09-18)
- Fix SDK delegate not being called when using Xcode 12
Version 1.7.3 (2020-09-04)
- Enhanced accuracy in rural regions, improved wake-up after leaving a stay, and substantial reduction in data transmission.
Version 1.6.0 (2020-07-06)
- Fix an issue that prevented data transmission in certain cases
Version 1.5.8 (2020-03-17)
- Reduce data transmission substantially
Version 1.5.6 (2020-03-06)
- Restart tracking on app update
Version 1.4.5 (2019-11-07)
- Fix a bug that prevented mode of sending changes
Version 1.4.0 (2019-10-25)
- Reduce battery consumption
- Reduce the ammount of data transmitted
- Fix a bug that caused delayed storylines
Version 1.3.0 (2019-10-14)
- Update didTransmitData with the timestamp of the last event transmitted
Version 1.2.5 (2019-10-11)
- Fix crashes
Version 1.2.0 (2019-09-17)
- Full support for iOS 13
Version 1.1.3 (2019-09-12)
- Further modifications to support iOS 13
Version 1.1.2 (2019-09-12)
- Removed the internal automatic 'always' location authorization request when staring the SDK
Version 1.1.1 (2019-09-11)
- Fixed a bug that caused sending of acquired data before the SDK had been initialized
- Fixed a bug that would pop a motion authorization dialog
Version 1.1.0 (2019-09-05)
- Remove background fetch capability requirement
- Fix all known bugs
Version 0.6.1 (2019-07-09)
- Remove beacon monitoring